- - Shelby Township
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Manufacturing Engineer's primary responsibilities include providing input into the product design so that the design is optimized for tooling and processing conditions, resolving tooling issues during the preliminary phases of the program and throughout the life of the program. Responsible for implementing the Engineering Change Routing whenever a change request is received from the customer or internally generated requests. Responsible to make sure all Customer and JVIS required engineering documents and procedures are processed correctly and in a timely manner. Reports to the Engineering Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Work with program team to front-load and optimize all aspects of the manufacturing process on each assigned program.
- Assist the program team in the implementation of the APQP process.
- Monitor and analyze molding process performance to define continuous improvement opportunities in daily production, research current production capability improvements and implement cost reduction and product reliability solutions.
- Lead designs for specialized molding, assembly, and secondary equipment.
- Lead production layout improvement projects to increase flexibility and material flow.
- Develop and maintain molding process and tooling documentation to provide data driven scientific approach to process and tooling adjustments.
- Establish and maintain testing and documentation of new and existing molds, machines and processes for robust performance and maximum productivity.
- Lead automation development and maintenance projects
- Develop and implement processing and tooling standards.
- Support the customer, manufacturing, and quality in the launch of new programs.
- Support manufacturing and quality in the resolution of customer concerns.
- Support and maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
- Team Player and ability to build good working relationships.
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor's Degree or equivalent job experience in Manufacturing. Engineering / Industrial Engineering. Experience in Secondary Tooling. Minimum of three years' experience working in the automotive industry with injection molded/blow molded parts and assemblies. Basic understanding of the injection molding process and secondary processes. Minimum of two years' experience working with GD&T. Hands on tooling and processing experience beneficial. Strong leadership and problem-solving skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Competent PC skills (i.e. Windows, Excel, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Projects and Outlook.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Occasionally bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.