- - Shelby Township
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Production Control is primarily responsible for the scheduling of customer shipments, maintaining accurate customer releases and daily communication with JVIS customers. Reports administratively to the Warehouse Manager.
The Production Control has the authority to setup customer shipments, reconcile and adjust shipping history to match customers, process EDI and manual releases and enter production data from manufacturing operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Setup shipments to customers conforming to their individual requirements.
- Review post shipment documentation (Bill of Lading, ASN) to ensure that all requirements were met.
- Pull EDI releases as required by individual customer requirements.
- Input all manual releases into MRP System as they arrive from customers.
- Reconcile JVIS Shipping History Accums to match with customers.
- Answer Chrysler CMS and PC Portal II systems on time as per customer requirements.
- Communicate with customers and report any scheduling issues to the Scheduler.
- Assist in the undertaking of physical inventory.
- Participation in taking physical inventories.
- Responsible for following all internal and OSHA required safety procedures.
- Maintain compliance of IATF / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High School Diploma or GED preferred. Prior JIT shipping procedures preferred. Knowledge of CMS & PC Portal II procedures. Knowledge of EDI and manual release entry, receipt and interpretation. Knowledge of release trends.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Occasionally bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.