- - Shelby Township
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Program Manager will work with tier 1 and OEM's on program launches from concept through start of production. Experience in the following four cores areas is required – 1) open issues management, 2) timeline management, 3) PDT management and 4) financial management. Knowledge of injection molding, interior & exterior trim systems integration is a plus. Reports directly to the Director of Program Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Responsible to provide program leadership in direct a cross functional team (PDT) to ensure overall coordination and synchronization of program activities from design concept to launch.
- Acts as the primary interface to the customer for all program issues.
- Responsible to identify, monitor, and manage program timing.
- Initiate, maintain, and publish the program open issues report.
- Work with project stakeholders to address critical issues, and establishes countermeasures.
- Determine and approve product specification or functional requirements ensuring they meet customer needs.
- Receives cost estimates and prepares quotes; controls expenditures in line with job cost tracking.
- Initiate the review of lessons learned/best practices of other programs and document new ones from each project.
- Assist Manufacturing facilities in on time launch and customer support needs as required.
- Willingness to travel as required to support customer requirements both domestic and internationally
- Engage in continuous improvement opportunities as required.
- Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
Follows all safety, housekeeping (5S) and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Engineering degree in mechanical engineering, design or other related engineering discipline preferred. Five years of experience in program management work for automotive plastics both interior and exterior. Must have program launch experience from concept through start of production. Understanding of automotive industry, product development and customer practices required. Understanding of plastic molding process and other manufacturing processes is an asset. Must be a self-starter able to work independently with little supervision. Proficient in Excel, Power point and Project. Must have strong organizational skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Occasionally bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.