Preventative Maintenance Technician
- - Clinton Township
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Maintenance Technician's primary responsibility is to ensure that equipment is safely operating and meets its intended use optimizing equipment up-time. The purpose of the Maintenance employee is to make scheduled and unscheduled repairs on all machines and related equipment used in manufacturing. Reports administratively to the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure preventative / predictive maintenance on equipment, secondary machinery, tools and document PM's through the General Manager.
• Review and inspect equipment on a daily basis for safe and proper operating conditions.
• Assist with major job repairs to machine, equipment or components and troubleshooting when needed.
• Troubleshoot PLC problems.
• Submit requests to the General Manager for proper approval and authorization for machine replacement parts, equipment or components.
• Follow all safety precautions on repairs to equipment, machinery and tools per MPI's / OSHA requirements.
• Responsibilities include all listed above, but are not limited to only those listed above.
• Complete any and all tasks or assignments as requested by Management
• Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience. 3-5 years maintenance experience in plastic injection molding manufacturing environment. Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing electrical, mechanical and programmable controller problems. Experience in operating various machining equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Frequently climb, bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Will be required to travel 1 week per month. Preventative Maintenance Technician will be provided hotel and given per diem while traveling.