Blow Mold Tooling Engineer
- - Shelby Township (Shelby Parkway)
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Blow Mold Tooling Engineer will collaborate with team members to develop and improve product designs for Automotive/non-Automotive Blow molded components. You are responsible for all phases of the Blow mold build, from early tooling feasibility to start of production, and for the life of the project. You will assist the manufacturing plant with quality improvement and cost reduction projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES will be in Blow Molding; Injection Molding will be secondary and include the following.
- Tool feasibility presentations
- Quoting and cost estimation
- Tool tracking and reporting for current and new programs
- Provide support for all engineering changes including cost
- Manage all first sample try-outs, and provide processing input
- Engage in continuous improvement opportunities as required.
- Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
Follows all safety, housekeeping (5S) and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: This position requires a minimum of five years' experience working as a Blow Mold Tool Maker for automotive parts. Experience in Blow Mold design/building is an absolute requirement; experience in Injection Molding is secondary.
Will also consider part time employment for a retired Blow Mold Tool Engineer.
Good computer skills in Microsoft Software (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook e-mail) is a must.