Paint Mix Technician
- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Paint Mix Technician is responsible for ensuring that all paints used on products are mixed according to established parameters. They also assume responsibility for operating the paint kitchen and all equipment in a safe and efficient manner, conforming to all applicable safety regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Receives and verifies all shipments of paints, solvents, filters, etc.
- Performs quality checks on all new paints and segregates them until all lab testing is complete.
- Mixes paints for production use, conforming to the specifications and procedures in the Master Mix
- files. Maintains required paint levels in paint tanks and/or pots.
- Troubleshoots all paint problems, along with Process and/or set-up personnel on the production floor.
- Performs a daily/weekly inventory of all paints and solvents and reports shortages. (where applicable)
- Completes all applicable paperwork accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensures that all paints, materials and hazardous waste are properly handled, stored and disposed of.
- Performs central receiving and distribution functions to other paint departments. (where applicable)
- Maintains required housekeeping in assigned work area
- Oversees special housekeeping projects; distributes assignments among the shifts. (where applicable)
- Fills out Chemical Storage and Hazardous Waste Storage inspection logs daily.
- Runs and maintains solvent reclamation system. (where applicable)
- Changes recirculation system paint filters according to schedule. (where applicable)
- Maintains inventory of supplies used in the paint kitchen. (where applicable)
- Maintains crib supplies and does weekly inventory. (where applicable)
- Performs other tasks assigned by designated supervisor.
- Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to have the ability to obtain a hi-lo License.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High School education or equivalent with good math skills preferred. Minimum of one year of experience in similar industrial paint department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Frequently climb, bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.