- - Shelby Township (Shelby Parkway)
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Mechanical Engineer is responsible to produce specifications for design, develop, and install new or modified mechanical components or systems. Reports administratively to the Director of Engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Must be able to complete the project from design concept through program launch
- Must be able to provide direction to designers, develop DVP's and DFMEA's
- Assist in GD&T and Gage Plans
- Perform initial and ongoing design reviews.
- Deliver documentation offering a critical analysis and suggestions for correcting errors.
- Collaborate with Program Managers to develop an accurate accounting of all engineering hours required for various types of internal projects.
- Measure the performance of mechanical components.
- Produce and implement designs and test procedures
- Provide technical support to peers, other departments and customers as needed
- Maintain and modify equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient.
- Engage in continuous improvement opportunities as required.
- Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering required. Over ten years of engineering experience. Minimum of five years' experience in interior product development (award through safe launch). Prior work experience on interior components - A Pillar, Consoles, Door, Ips. Plating, painting and soft wrap experience. Injection molding, blow molding, and compression molding experience. Injection molding experience with design for tooling and design for manufacturing reviews for OKTT. Hard Trim Engineering experience is mandatory along with Validation (Head Impact) experience. Must have plant launch experience. Strong knowledge of CAD/CAM software and drafting procedures. Working Knowledge of Teamcenter and Catia are an advantage. Excellent prioritization and project development skills along with effective technical skills, problem solving skills, verbal and written communication skills. Automotive experience a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.