IATF 16949 / ISO 14001 Coordinator
- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The IATF 16949/ISO14001 Coordinator will manage a team of internal auditors in the performance of internal audits, ensuring that internal audits comply with applicable standards, regulations, and guidance (e.g., ISO 9001) and that resulting reports are fair, impartial, and useful. The coordinator will work closely with Corporate Lead Auditor to help select competent internal auditors and providing the auditors with information and other resources they need to carry out the quality audit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ensure JVIS Quality Management System is being followed
- Knowledge of Customer Specific Requirements
- Manage a team of internal quality auditors
- Evaluate production processes for compliance with quality requirements
- Assist in development of audit plans, audit schedules
- Participate in quality audits (and lead a team of quality auditors, when needed)
- Identify processes, situations, etc., where organization is meeting requirements, as well as identify opportunities for improvement
- Assist audit team in developing audit reports; present/assist presenting audit reports to top management.
- Assist with follow-up audits, as required
- Shall be required to develop internal auditing parameters
- Verify closures of all internal and external audit findings and OFI's, including rejections and final approvals.
- Train internal auditors on releases from recognized accreditation bodies.
- Shall have predominate authority for all internal and external audits (can direct the external auditor or dispute findings)
- Shall attend all training and seminars concerning the applicable standards required for their facilities.
- Interpret all applicable standards to the facility as needed, verifying how these standards are applied and
- Engage in continuous improvement opportunities as required.
- Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
- Other duties as assigned
Follows all safety, housekeeping (5S) and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 7 years of Automotive Manufacturing experience as well as 7 years of auditing experience. Must have a Compliance Certificate from IAF, IATF or IAOB approved source corresponding to the standards they are responsible for. Must have a Quality Assurance certificate from a Vocational school or a Associates Degree in Quality Assurance. Proficient in use of a computer and common office software (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, etc.). Ability to work in a self-directed environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Occasionally bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.