- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The EHS Coordinator is responsible for managing and coordinating all activities and programs associated with environmental regulatory compliance and employee safety in a manufacturing environment. The EHS Coordinator will assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of health, safety and environmental programs, procedures and practices necessary to provide for safe and healthy working conditions for employees and operate the facility in an environmentally responsible manner. The EHS Coordinator is responsible for 5S workplace organizational and housekeeping methodology as part of the continuous improvement manufacturing process. Reports administratively to the Plant Manager, General Manager and Human Resources Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Basic understanding of EHS standards and regulations.
- Perform 5S and Safety Audits.
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual storm water pollution prevention plan audits. Update information in SWPPP binder.
- Monitor, complete and participate in internal and external EMS System audits.
- Handling of waste water management, packaging, manifest and shipment.
- Handling of waste oil management, packaging, manifests and shipment.
- Handling of universal waste (light bulbs, batteries and mercury switches) management, packaging manifests and shipment.
- Spill management and cleanup.
- Receiving and Shipment of hazardous and nonhazardous materials.
- Monitor outside contractor chemicals and equipment brought on to JVIS premises
- Maintain the Waste Manifest Log.
- Review and update the Aspect List and Control Plan.
- Review and update the compliance obligations matrix.
- Review and update the Environmental and EMS binders to ensure certifications, reports, recycling program charts, electrical usage charts, emergency forms, contact list, training/educational programs are all current and updated.
- Maintains safety and environmental documentation.
- Practice safe working techniques and enforce the safety policies, guidelines and procedures as defined by the Company.
- Provide daily guidance in the EHS programs to ensure a common and effective approach.
- Review Accidents / incidents which occur in the area of responsibility and conduct audits, reporting and managing corrective actions.
- Assist with maintaining the preparedness for Emergency Action Plans and Procedures.
- Update and maintain CATS log. Implement improvements to prevent reoccurrences.
- Monitor Hazardous Waste system to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of a of five years' experience in Health Safety and Environmental role preferable in a manufacturing environment. Familiar with JVIS operation policies and procedures. Ability to direct, manage and oversee HSE systems. Excellent planning, organizing, motivation and directing skills. Competent PC skills (i.e. Windows, Excel, Microsoft Word, etc).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear and walk.. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.