2nd Shift Materials Analyst
- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Materials Analyst is responsible for managing inventories to ensure part availability via proper scheduling and communication within the supply chain. Responsible to follow-up with carriers and suppliers to ensure on-time delivery per forecasted delivery schedule. Responsible to coordinate information between the customer, supplier, carrier, and the manufacturing JIT facility. Reports administratively to the controller, Plant Manager, and/or the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following
- Issue weekly, component releases to suppliers. Monitoring accuracy, quantity and due date given the required lead time.
- Monitor daily, Balance Due Report and make necessary arrangements to ensure the on-time delivery of material shipments. When a concern arises that will delay delivery, provide a corrective action plan to management for review and approval.
- Maintain frequent contact with the suppliers regarding part release information, weekly cum reconciliation and the resolution of problems that may arise.
- Perform daily cycle counts of inventories. When a discrepancy exists, this person will reconcile that issue and provide corrective actions towards immediate resolution. This person is responsible for their inventory accuracy.
- Analyze MRP data to proactively identify issues that may impact Supply Chain Performance Measures (such as Premium Freight, Part Availability, Downtime, Packaging Shortages, etc.)
- Establish and track Freight Plan(s) to support production requirements as necessary. This person will lead the follow-up efforts to ensure the plan develops as originally established and will communicate those updates to Management.
- Provide Corrective Action Plans to any issues that are adversely impacting Plant Performance Measures. This person may lead or be involved in committees/teams in this process depending on the situation.
- Assist in conducting physical inventories as they may occur.
- Establish Visual Inventory Parameters that will support the 5S (storage, labeling, min/max) on the plant floor.
- Provide daily updates to KPI (Key Performance Indicators) in areas that include (Inventory Valuation, Inventory DOH, Cycle Counts, Inventory Accuracy and Premium Freight).
- Maintain daily contact with Domestic and International Carriers, monitoring delivery performance to the final destinations.
- Maintain compliance of IATF 16949/ ISO 9001 / ISO 14001
- Prepare Supplier Quality Reports on a monthly basis
- Conduct Layered Audits
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or related experience preferred. Two to three years' experience in a manufacturing environment, knowledge of the shipping and receiving process. Basic knowledge of a Material Requirement Planning (MRP) system. Automotive experience a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.