- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Quality Technician is primarily responsible for the ensuring adherence to quality standards and procedures as outlined in the QA Manual. The Quality Technician has the authority to put on hold any product or process not conforming to JVIS quality standards or customer's requirements. Reports functionally to the Quality Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Supervise and assist Quality Inspectors with job responsibilities as necessary.
- Train QA Auditors and Support.
- Manage quality communication meetings w/ the Quality Auditors/Support.
- Prepare and control job specific work instructions.
- Create and maintain quality standard and boundary samples.
- Create and maintain quality alerts.
- Manage control of nonconforming material: Review contained product, determine disposition, and complete required documentation. Ensure the maintenance of the hold cage.
- Maintain I-Charts for product in containment status.
- Conduct Control Plan and PFMEA Audits.
- Maintain and Update AQP documents as needed and review per requirements.
- Complete Shift Reporting communication for Supervisor/Quality meetings.
- Assist (when applicable) in performing dimensional, lab and appearance submissions for PPAP.
- Prepare test samples for measurement studies.
- Dock Audits and complete required supporting documentation.
- Assist Advanced Quality Engineers and Quality Manager in problem solving activities.
- Collect certifications for incoming materials.
- Review any changes per customer requirements.
- Maintain calibration requirements for equipment.
- Review new and existing parts, as needed with employees, supervisors and customers.
- Review and update visual aid boards and work instructions.
- Maintain Receiving logs, job files, and final inspection reports and rework sheets.
- Complete and submit Scrap tickets.
- Any other project deemed necessary by Department head(s).
- Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Prefer ASQ-CQT.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Minimum of two years' inspection experience in an automotive injection molding environment. Minimum of two years' experience in a Quality Assurance Supervisory role. Current training in metrology practices (i.e. caliper, micrometers, etc.) and Statistical Process Control. Color Acuity, Knowledge of Macbeth Optiview software color system. Proficient with Microsoft office (i.e. Excel, Word and Power point). Direct working knowledge of General blueprint reading. Familiar with IATF 16949 requirements (Certified Internal Auditor). People orientated (proactive, team player). Excellent interpersonal and writing skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Occasionally bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts