- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Mold Technician's primary responsibilities include effectively communicating and responding to all problems pertaining to plant equipment that is identified through operators and Plantstar calls. Responsible for communicating with oncoming shift when quality issues arise and supporting the engineering department. Responsible for making sure machines are set up and running with correct material.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following
- Start up and shut down of equipment before or after designated shut down periods.
- Complete First piece sign-off procedure reviewing current concerns and operator quality concerns.
- Verify that the setup and material match BOM and the correct amount of regrind is being used.
- Respond to problems identified by operators and to calls on Plantstar.
- Communicate with oncoming shift of issues and concerns. Machine by machine walk through of the plant floor identifying potential problems. Status of the job changes and down machines.
- Support engineering sample runs and provide floor support to Engineering.
- Review Op report and direct Job setters in tool changes and sign off job sets.
- Actively participates in JVIS's Health, Safety and Environmental activities to support a safe work environment.
- Demonstrate preparation of auxiliary items
- Responsible for purging, mold cleaning, saving, and tagging last shot.
- Maintains an acceptable attendance record to ensure timely work completion.
- Must have plastics/injection molding experience
- Must have knowledge of Quality Systems as relates to this job as described in the Quality System Manual and associated documents.
- Support and maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
- Team Player and ability to build good working relationships.
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Minimum of one year of related experience, robotics and automotive. Knowledge of work instructions. Must have knowledge of Quality Systems as relates to this job as described in the Quality System Manual and associated documents.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Frequently bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts