- - Shelby Township (Shelby Parkway)
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Liaison Engineer's primary responsibilities would be to assist the design and engineering teams; Ultimately, creating and coordinating all development and current production CAD tasks with customers to meet requirements. The role ensures collaboration between design and engineering team members for development designs and current production design changes as well as facilitates all engineering activities with the customer and team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Working closely with the designing and engineering teams and managers to meet requirements
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Document activities, customer complaints, and propose improvements
- Confers with quality control, material, manufacturing, and other department personnel to provide technical support
- Examines, measures, inspects, or tests defective part for conformance to engineering design drawings or blueprint specifications, using precision measuring and testing instruments, devices, and equipment
- Investigates reports of defective, damaged, or malfunctioning parts, assemblies, equipment, or systems to determine nature and scope of problem
- Checks drawings and suggests changes to improve produce ability and functionality
- Provide short-flow technical, analytical, and data solutions as a means to maintain production and Quality Assurance (QA) efforts and workflow
- Support Engineering department with development, data release, and analysis
- Support and maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering
- Current experience in Automotive
- Experience in manufacturing
- Knowledge of CAD (NX or Catia V5) and Tier-1
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competent PC skills (i.e. Windows, Excel, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Projects and Outlook)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk. Occasionally bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.