Gage and Fixtures Engineer
- - Shelby Township (Shelby Parkway)
- Full Time
Full time position in support of the Engineering and Manufacturing operations. This position will be responsible for creating Gage and Fixture concepts based on the Customer's Engineering drawings, supporting the JVIS Corporation at all levels of Management, as well as all JVIS Production locations.
The Gage and Fixtures Engineer will follow a project from concept through PPAP, by supporting all aspects of the Gage and Fixtures activity, from GD&T reviews for gaging and fixturing requirements, creating a gage and fixture concept, writing a technical overview with cost analysis and the RFQ, holding design and build reviews, gaining the design and build approvals of the customer, CMM certification and GR and R&R validation of the gages and check fixtures, to shipping the approved gages and check fixtures to their home line, and uploading all required project documents into the JVIS Team Center.
The Gage and Fixtures Engineer will work closely with the Program Managers, Product Engineers, Quality Engineers, and all external JVIS sites, to track and support all legacy products as well as any current product or program.
The Gage and Fixtures Engineer will coordinate and assist with training of plant personnel as required, in the use of gages and fixtures, per the JVIS Corporate Quality guidelines.
Travel requirements will include meetings and / or day trips in support of the local Gage shops during the gage and fixture design and build activities, day trips to the JVIS Production locations, or multi-day, overnight trips, in support of customer or JVIS production facility activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- A high level understanding of the application and usage of Gages and Check Fixtures
- An overall understanding of the fundamentals of GD&T
- Able to perform Gage Repeatability and R&R studies
- Tracking and Reporting project status in support of the Customer's program timing
- Ability to support the Quality Department by assisting with CMM activities
- Make recommendations for existing Gage and Fixture updates based on historical data
- Assist the plant in trouble shooting any Gage and Fixture issues
- Attend all required cross functional meetings
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Maintain safety and good housekeeping standards
- Make decisions within limits of general standards or procedures
- Additional duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork
- Good computer and systems knowledge
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency in diagnostic skills
- Demonstrated understanding of gaging methods and terminology
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical drawings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 4 year degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of office computer programs such as Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience managing automotive industry vendors
- Experience with managing multiple products, programs, and Customers at any one time