- - Shelby Township (Shelby Parkway)
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Mechanical Engineer is responsible to produce specifications for design, develop, and install new or modified mechanical components or systems for automotive consoles and hard trim.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Complete the project from design concept through program launch.
- Develop DVP's and DFMEA's.
- Assist in GD&T and Gage Plans.
- Perform initial and ongoing design reviews.
- Deliver documentation offering a critical analysis and suggestions for correcting errors.
- Collaborate with Program Managers to develop an accurate accounting of all engineering hours required for various types of internal projects.
- Measure the performance of mechanical components.
- Produce and implement designs and test procedures.
- Provide technical support to peers, other departments and customers as needed
- Maintain and modify equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient.
- Engage in continuous improvement opportunities as required.
- Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
Minimum of Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering and 3 years of related Mechanical or Validation Engineering experience in the automotive industry including experience with Design Verification Plans (DVPs) required.