Human Resource Manager
- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
This position is responsible for a broad range of human resource functions, including labor and employee relations, safety, employer development, employee involvement, employee communications, succession planning, organization development, training, recruiting, compensation, benefits, security force, policies and procedures. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate with General Manager and other staff members to revise Human Resource Policies and Procedures that assist the
plant in meeting business objectives.
• Maintaining Human Resource Policies and Procedures relating to training, employee development, safety, employee relations, compensations, and benefits and recruiting.
• Develop strategies for conducting successful Labor contract negotiations.
• Comply with the applicable provisions of State and Federal Laws.
• Implement employee relations programs and practices necessary to establish positive employee-employer relationship and promote a high level of employee morale (e.g., open-communication meetings, holiday celebrations, open house, and picnics.)
• Coordinates and participates with plant supervisors in disciplinary or termination proceedings.
• Manage the recruiting process for hourly and salary positions.
• Participate in local community activities where appropriate.
• Responsible for administering, organizing, and conducting company training programs.
• Administers employees benefits program such as, 401-K, Medical Plans, Dental Plans, Life Insurance, STD, LTD Disability programs, and Voluntary Life Programs.
• Assures existing and new benefit program are adaptable to standard computer and reporting systems.
• Manages benefit inquires and complaints to expedite resolution, communicates via in person, phone or mail with insurance companies, employees and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits to all employees.
• Ensures prompt processing of hourly/salaried personnel claims for disability.
• Develops information regarding various programs that are easily understood by all employees.
• Counsel's employees on benefit plan provisions.
• Ensure efficient payroll and administration processes
• Coordinate the plant safety program in conjunction with the General Manager and Plant Manager and take an active role in managing workers compensation injuries and reporting.
• Document and maintain training records for all plant personnel
• Participate in local community activities where appropriate
• Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 1400
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.