Paint Mix Technician
- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
JOB SCOPE AND SUMMARY:
Responsible for ensuring that all paints used on products are mixed according to established parameters. Responsible for operating the paint kitchen and all equipment in a safe and efficient manner, conforming to all applicable safety regulations.
WORK TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives and verifies all shipments of paints, solvents, filters, etc.
2. Performs quality checks on all new paints and segregates them until all lab testing is complete.
3. Mixes paints for production use, conforming to the specifications and procedures in the Master Mix
files. Maintains required paint levels in paint tanks and/or pots.
4. Troubleshoots all paint problems, along with Process and/or set-up personnel on the production floor.
5. Performs a daily/weekly inventory of all paints and solvents and reports shortages. (where applicabe)
6. Completes all applicable paperwork accurately and on a timely basis.
7. Ensures that all paints, materials and hazardous waste are properly handled, stored and disposed of.
8. Performs central receiving and distribution functions to other paint departments. (where applicable)
9. Maintains required housekeeping in assigned work area
10. Oversees special housekeeping projects; distributes assignments among the shifts. (where applicable)
11. Fills out Chemical Storage and Hazardous Waste Storage inspection logs daily.
12. Runs and maintains solvent reclamation system. (where applicable)
13. Changes recirculation system paint filters according to schedule. (where applicable)
14. Maintains inventory of supplies used in the paint kitchen. (where applicable)
15. Maintains crib supplies and does weekly inventory. (where applicable)
16. Performs other tasks assigned by designated supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Guidance and direction will be provided by the Process Manager or designate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
a. Physically capable of performing all duties and functions involved in the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
b. High School education or equivalent with good math skills preferred.
c. Minimum of one year of experience in similar industrial paint department.
The ability to meet the specifications listed below must be demonstrated on the job.
a. Ability to obtain a hi-lo License.
b. Good working knowledge and understanding of paints and solvents.
c. Must possess sufficient reading, writing and communication skills to complete paperwork.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts