Paint Process Technician
- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance
JOB SCOPE AND SUMMARY:
A Process Technician is a manufacturing support person, who is responsible to facilitate process adherence through training, monitoring and managing process methods, with a goal for customer satisfaction through continuous improvement and cost reduction.
WORK TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Isolates, diagnoses and resolves all paint, assembly and pack processing problems.
2. Works with the shift supervisor to coordinate all floor activities in conjunction with the shift supervisor's
production priorities; must be able to fill in for the paint supervisor in his/her absence. (where applicable)
3. Monitors and maintains the processes by performing periodic station checks to ensure adherence to
established and documented process parameters. This may include quality checks sensitize testing.
4. Participates in sampling, Phase II, Phase III, and pre-production launch activities, including time studies and
5. Assists in monitoring and maintaining material usage productivity and objectives.
6. Maintains good housekeeping in the work area at all times.
7. Helps train direct employees in all positions. (if applicable).
8. Must have a good understanding of quality standards.
9. Completes all necessary paperwork to ensure optimal operating conditions.
10. Performs robot programming, editing, troubleshooting, and minor maintenance on equipment (if applicable).
11. Participates in process development and optimization.
12. Reacts appropriately to problems on the floor by informing supervisory personnel and rendering assistance in
13. Monitors process deviations to ensure that they are being adhered to and that they are being properly processed
through the system.
14. Ensures that the clean room procedures are maintained at all times. (where applicable)
15. Follows plant safety rules and regulations.
16. Responsible for daily mylar film build test.
17. Must be able to convey process information verbally and in writing.
18. Participate in Synchronous Manufacturing effort.
19. Perform in-process audits using process checklists, follow-up with corrective actions.
20. Performs other tasks assigned by designated supervisor.
Direction and guidance will be supplied by the Process Manager or Shift Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
a. Physically capable of performing all duties and functions involved in the job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
b. High School Education or equivalent preferred.
c. Minimum of three years experience in high volume industrial spray painting environment and/or experience
in working with robots.
2. The ability to meet the specifications listed below must be demonstrated on the job.
a. Must be organized, and able to set daily objectives and able to follow through to complete tasks.
b. Some mechanical aptitude and ability.
c. In-depth understanding of the industrial spray painting process.
d. Self starter; able to work well without supervision.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts