- - Shelby
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Lighting Engineer is primarily responsible for lighting requirements and processes to develop lighting products for all industries. Provide engineering, design and development support for new lighting products and developments. Reports directly to the Lighting Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with Program Team, New Business development and Sales to support pursuit activities
• Support Program Team to complete design and development cycle and launch of lighting products
• Work with company partners and joint venture companies to support pursuit and development projects
• Visit and support joint venture companies to support any development and launch projects
• Attend meetings with needed departments to support technical capability and provide input on customer's requirements
• Lead engineering activities in developing exterior and interior lighting assemblies
• Stay informed of current competitors and other suppliers developing lighting products
• May be involved in other industries (aerospace, medical, etc.) to develop and support lighting products
• Assist with establishing lighting requirements and processes to develop lighting product for all industries
• Travel required nationally and internationally for customer visits and joint venture partner company support
• May be called on to assist in other commodities as the company requires that are not related to lighting
• Assist with quoting costs and timing for all lighting products that are being developed and engineered
• Support purchasing with design and development documents to acquire accurate quotes from supply base
• Assist Lab and Prototype Technicians to build, simulate and mockup lighting properties to demonstrate product
• Able to work with documents developed in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
• Ability to work with all levels of personnel to provide direction to develop lighting products
• Assist customers with testing and validation requirements of lighting legal requirements
• Assist with LED and Electronic selections for products being developed.
• Engage in continuous improvement opportunities as required.
• Maintain compliance of TS 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
• Follows all safety, housekeeping (5S) and company policies and procedures.
• Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent in Mechanical, Electronics or other engineering discipline.
• 1 – 3 years' experience in exterior and/or interior lighting.
• Minimum 1 year experience in LED electronics design and development of lighting components.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in automotive lighting design.
• Minimum of 1 year experience with Automotive OEM's specifications and lighting trends.
• Solid understanding of injection molded components and required tooling to product parts.
• Knowledge of quoting costs and timing for lighting devices.
• Basic understanding of LED's and associated electronics required to develop solid state lighting modules.
• Familiar with interior and exterior lighting trends in the automotive market.
• Contacts throughout the industry at OEM's and suppliers that the company will be in contact with.
• Basic understanding of various types of optics and what technologies are available for exterior and interior lighting.
• Must have good data analysis and problem solving skills along with excellent organizational and planning skills.
• Written, verbal communication and presentation skills are a must. Must have excellent interpersonal skills to confidently interact with individuals at all levels of authority.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts