Lighting Lab Technician
- - Shelby
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Lighting Lab Technician is primarily responsible for overseeing and executing the activities in the Lighting Lab. Provide Lighting Engineering support in lighting product measurements and mockups to prove concepts. Reports directly to the Lighting Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work Lighting Team, to learn and operate light measurement devices in the lab.
• Support the Lighting Engineer and model shop technicians in building lighting mock ups.
• Lead creation and updating to technical work instructions and lab tracking forms.
• May be called on to assist in other commodities as the company requires that are not related to lighting
• Assist with quoting cost and timing for testing and mockup activities for lighting products that will be built and tested
• Responsible for tracking test activities in lab.
• Responsible for tracking mockup samples being built and inventorying them for viewing.
• Responsible for overseeing Lighting Lab, keeping it in presentable order for demonstrations.
• Able to work with documents developed in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
• Ability to work with all levels of personnel developing products.
• Engage in continuous improvement opportunities as required.
• Maintain compliance of TS 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
• Follows all safety, housekeeping (5S) and company policies and procedures.
• Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Associates of Science Degree or equivalent in engineering or technical discipline.
• 1 – 3 years' experience in test lab environment.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in automotive lighting design.
• Basic understanding of LED's and associated electronics required to develop solid state lighting modules.
• Must have good data analysis and problem solving skills along with excellent organizational and planning skills.
• Written, verbal communication and presentation skills are a must. Must have excellent interpersonal skills to confidently interact with individuals at all levels of authority.