- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Mold Technician's primary responsibilities include effectively communicating and responding to all problems pertaining to plant equipment that is identified through operators and Plantstar calls. Responsible for communicating with oncoming shift when quality issues arise and supporting the engineering department. Responsible for making sure machines are set up and running with correct material.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Start up equipment and shut down equipment before and after designated company shut down periods.
• Complete first piece sign-off procedure reviewing current concerns and operator quality concerns.
• Verify that the setup and material match BOM and the correct amount of regrind is being used.
• Respond to problems identified by both operators and Plantstar calls.
• Communicate with oncoming shift if issues and concerns arise by walking through each machine and identifying problems or potential problems. Explaining if a status of a job changes or elaborating on which machines are down.
• Support engineering sample runs and provide floor support to the Engineering Department.
• Review Op report and direct job setters in tool changes and sign off job sets.
• Actively participate in JVIS' Health, Safety, and Environmental activities to support a safe work environment.
• Demonstrate preparation of auxiliary items.
• Purge, mold clean, tag, save, and tag last shot.
• Maintain an acceptable attendance record to ensure timely work completion.
• Support and maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
• Team Player and ability to build good working relationships.
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.