- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Feed Room Operator's primary responsibility is to keep hoppers filled with material. The Feed Room Operator has the authority to contact Receiving Supervisor when labeling defects or material defects occur and any other issues that arise. Reports functionally to the Materials Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Making sure hoppers stay full and nothing runs outs.
• Change materials during mold changes
• Dumping regrind barrel and using regrind as applicable.
• Blending material.
• Keeping feed room swept and clean.
• Banding and putting away color changes.
• Set up color changes.
• Consume lot track labels.
• Helping out on receiving dock when needed.
• Make sure that the correct material is loaded.
• Completing cycle counts as required.
• Setup of MacGuire units to proper letdown ratio.
• Cleaning and replacing filters on presses and surge bins along with dryers as required
• Verifies feed room equipment is working properly including dryers. Reports when there is a malfunction.
• Any other job deemed necessary by department heads.
• Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
Follows all safety, housekeeping and company policies and procedures.
Coordinates and maintains all job responsibilities in a continuous and flexible manner and performs other related duties and job assignments as required.