- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Production Supervisors primary responsibility is to ensure safety, quality, productivity and housekeeping in assigned areas. Ensure all policies, procedures and work instructions are utilized and adhered to by all employees. The Production Supervisor is also responsible for meeting the company's goals, and objectives. Reports functionally to the Plant Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Over-all manpower allocation for employees.
• Monitor and make the necessary adjustments with manpower at start-up, during shift and at the end of the shift ensuring optimum earned hours are achieved.
• Ensure proper initial set-up
• Initial set up include correct raw material and related components (for assembly when required).
• Packaging (returnable containers or carton).
• Correct pallets.
• Work Cell (complete)
• Ensure all process parameters are met to manufacture parts to the quality standards including first piece approvals and last shots.
• Monitor Chrysler system to ensure daily quota is met to sequence parts to the customer.
• Address computer related issues and fix them
• Communicate with Quality Liaison personnel stationed at the Assembly Plant(s) regarding product issues.
• Schedule and direct hourly employees to assembly stations in manner that insures continuous support & flow on the line for all production activity.
• Schedule setup for production jobs for the oncoming shift to insure a smooth transfer of production activity between shifts.
• All production parts subjective to disposition must be addressed prior to shift ending or directly thereafter.
• Ensure that all hourly employees receive adequate training required to perform their job responsibilities with supporting documentation.
• Verify hours worked for all assembly employees and make adjustments if necessary
• Ensure Plan vs. Actual requirements are obtained, report downtime to above reporting structure.
• Think Safety First; follow all safety rules and regulations
• Ensure proper safety equipment is used correctly, at all times.
• Encourage Team work throughout the work area
• Responsibilities include all, but are not limited to only, those listed above.
• Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts