- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Manufacturing Engineer's primary responsibilities include providing input into the product design so that the design is optimized for tooling and processing conditions, resolving tooling issues during the preliminary phases of the program and throughout the life of the program. Responsible for implementing the Engineering Change Routing whenever a change request is received from the customer or internally generated requests. Responsible to make sure all Customer and JVIS required engineering documents and procedures are processed correctly and in a timely manner. Reports to the Engineering Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Work with program team to front-load and optimize all aspects of the manufacturing process on each assigned program.
• Assist the program team in the implementation of the APQP process.
• Monitor and analyze molding process performance to define continuous improvement opportunities in daily production, research current production capability improvements and implement cost reduction and product reliability solutions.
• Lead designs for specialized molding, assembly and secondary equipment.
• Lead production layout improvement projects to increase flexibility and material flow.
• Develop and maintain molding process and tooling documentation to provide data driven scientific approach to process and tooling adjustments.
• Establish and maintain testing and documentation of new and existing molds, machines and processes for robust performance and maximum productivity.
• Lead automation development and maintenance projects
• Develop and implement processing and tooling standards.
• Support the customer, manufacturing and quality in the launch of new programs.
• Support manufacturing and quality in the resolution of customer concerns.
• Support and maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
• Team Player and ability to build good working relationships.