- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
SUMMARY: The Maintenance Technician's primary responsibility is to ensure that equipment is safely operating and meets its intended use optimizing equipment up-time. The purpose of the Maintenance employee is to make scheduled and unscheduled repairs on all machines and related equipment used in manufacturing as well as maintaining all building systems. Reports administratively to the Maintenance Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• MUST HAVE HANDS ON EXPERIENCE TROUBLESHOOTING AND FIXING REPUTED BRAND INJECTION MOLDING MACHINES
• This position will maintain production and facility equipment to include installation, set up, preventative maintenance and adjustments required by technical service instructions.
• Safely troubleshoots, repairs, and executes all preventive maintenance tasks on injection molding related equipment required in tooling and manufacturing
• Inspects and tests machinery and equipment to detect causes of malfunctions on Hydraulic Circuitry
• Dismantles machinery and equipment to gain access and perform diagnoses
• Removes and replaces worn or defective parts.
• Cleans and lubricates shafts, pulleys, gears, bearings, bushings, etc.
• Repairs hoses, wiring, valves, etc., reassembles and verifies proper function.
• Analyzes Fault Reports and service requests from personnel.
• Effectively communicates with outside equipment suppliers to obtain competitive quotes, resolve equipment performance, maintenance, and reliability issues.
• Maintains meticulous housekeeping with regard to work areas, tools, company vehicles and other company equipment to continually reflect the high standards of the company.
• Responsibilities include all listed above, but are not limited to only those listed above.
• Complete any and all tasks or assignments as requested by Management
• Follow all safety precautions on repairs to equipment, machinery and tools per MPI's / OSHA requirements.