Hi Lo Driver - Benton Harbor
- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
The Hi-Lo Driver's primary responsibility is to assist the manufacturing floor wherever and whenever needed. The Hi-Lo Driver is to ensure that machinery is stocked with appropriate materials and the removal of all finished stock, from production floor, is moved to the defined area. The assigned manufacturing section must be cleaned and orderly, per 5S, and EMS standards. All products must be packaged and labeled correctly before removing it from the manufacturing floor. Reports functionally to the Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Cleaning of Section (Eliminating safety hazards, sweeping, mopping, wiping down, etc...)
• Accurately band all bins/boxes of parts, per the Packaging Instruction Sheet.
• Replenish supplies. (clips, glue, alcohol, etc.)
• Confirm that required packaging is at the machine / or correct staging area.
• Complete any other task or assignments as delegated through management.
• Remove of finished stock.
• Operating Hi / Lo in safe manner and in accordance with requirements.
• Verify labeling is correct. (See Packaging Instruction Sheet.)
• Verify and stage finished product in respective area.
• Ensure hold staged products (Red Tags) are put in designated area, out of production use.
• Ensure completion of General housekeeping, 5S, and organization of workstation throughout the shift.
• Ensure that work cells are properly cleaned and organized according to 5S principles prior to leaving at the end of the shift. Confirm with Section supervisor prior to leaving at the end of the shift.
• Make suggestions to facilitate continuous improvement and proper flow within the manufacturing areas.
• Think Safety First; follow all safety rules and regulations.
• Ensure proper safety equipment is used correctly, at all times.
• Responsibilities include all, but are not limited to only, those listed above.