Paint Department Manager
- - Benton Harbor
- Full Time
The Paint Department Manager's is responsible for the supervision of production personnel to safely plan, coordinate, train and motivate employees in order to offer the best products to our customers. Provides production personnel with continual process improvement to ensure consistent quality of products. Works with production personnel to understand and build strong relationships thereby building an effective team. Reports to the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Operation and supervision of robotic overhead conveyor paint line (Power wash, Robotic Paint Robots, Convection Dry off & Final Cure Ovens).
- Experience in robot programming.
- Oversee paint line, including monitoring finished parts, scheduling color changes, quality checks of parts before and after paint, maintain inventory of paints and solvents, and chemical iteration testing of wash system.
- Directs overall paint line operation and performance to meet company standards for safety, quality and quantity.
- Inspection of finished items for compliance with customer requirements.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of team members to meet production goals while maintaining the highest level of quality in a time-sensitive environment.
- Confer with other departments to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments. Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, and resolving problems.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules and other reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders and Company policies and procedures.
- Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Accomplish manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectation: planning, monitoring and appraising job results, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees, initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
- Resolve personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issue, identifying solution and recommending action.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints or grievances.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process, setting processing variables, observing control points and equipment, monitoring personnel and resources, implementing cost reductions, developing reporting procedures and systems, facility corrections to malfunctions with process control points, and initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation with and between departments.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Coach and identify the developmental needs of team members and helping improve their knowledge and skills.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures.
- Maintain and enforce safe, and clean work environment by educating and directing personal on the use of all control points, equipment and resources, and maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Provide manufacturing information by compiling, sorting and analyzing production performance records and data to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.